Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happenings

A lot has happened in the last few weeks. Sorry to not keep things updated.

1. Levi is leaving Sept. 6th for basic training!! (sigh, excited yes but also overwhelmed at this point)

2. Due to that we have begun a mad-rush packing session at our house. It's been a little hectic (ha!), but it's getting done. (part of the overwhelmed problem)

3. This evening was the first time I really got too emotional about the whole ordeal since finding out last Thursday. It finally really set in: we're leaving our first house, Levi and I will be apart for at least a full 8 weeks, then we are leaving our families and the only area we have ever lived, we are leaving our friends and our fabulous church family. And we'll be on a new adventure that involves weird schedules, being married to the military, and making ourselves at home in a new place (we don't even know WHERE yet!). So far I'm still more excited than emotional but we'll see how long that lasts. :)

4. I have begun reflecting on the last two months and feel I have learned quite a few valuable lessons about future career goals.

5. I got hired at a real job (the type that has things like benefits...) it's been interesting and so far I'm liking it. I switch to nights starting on Friday so that will be.... interesting. I **hate** switching my sleep schedule so we'll see how it goes!

6. I've been making high and lofty goals for the two months Levi is gone. We'll see how many I accomplish but it's at least fun to have things planned. :)

And I think that's about it. Talk about a lot of change in a very short time frame! Yikes! I haven't finished my book for July yet but I'll let you know when I do that too. There just hasn't been enough hours in the day it seems! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment