Friday, December 16, 2011

Week in review

It's been another wonderful Friday morning! I sewed two sets of placemats for our future cute breakfast table and finished a few other craft projects that were in progress! I think I'm going to make coasters this afternoon out of my scraps...

On Wednesday next week we're flying back to the great state of Minnesota! I have a whole new level of appreciation for Minnesota after living somewhere else, even just for a short time. Minnesota, you are one happening state. What I miss most about MN: the numerous state parks, MPR, community learning classes, people waving at you, emphasis on local foods/agriculture. There are a ton of things I miss about MN. I would be happy moving back to MN someday, maybe not the Alexandria area, but somewhere in MN. 

We went to New Orleans last weekend. We stopped at this fun spice and tea shop in the French Quarter. My thoughtful husband picked out a pumpkin spice blend for me! I made a homemade pumpkin pie with it the other night and it turned out fabulous

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about kitchens. Here's what I've come up with. I want my future kitchen to be a nice mix of cottage kitchen meets cafe kitchen with some southwestern flare. Very earthy. Lots of natural light. 

Another thing that has been on my mind: travel. After being on the gulf coast, I think I like the ocean more than I thought I did. But the top two places to visit on my list are still the Himalayas and Patagonia. After that I might add an ocean place?? Haha.

Only 9 days until Christmas! Hope you are eating lots of cookies!

 

1 comment:

  1. Omg.. I went through that same process! I was like "I never knew Minnesota was so great!" Ugh.. But you will start to appreciate southern things too before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete