Sunday, November 27, 2011

Moving across the country in a jeep

I thought I would compile a list of things I would bring with me if I had to move across the country in a jeep again. Well, it will probably happen so this list will be good to look back on. This is what I would bring if we were moving for a short period.

Kitchen items: Everything on the list should fit in one box so we can call it 'kitchen in a box'
2 pots (one large one small)
cookie sheet
pizza pan
good knife
paring knife
mixing bowl
a measuring cup
small skillet
mixing spoon
pancake flipper thing (what's it called?)
two plates 
two bowls
9x9 or 9x13 pan
small coffee pot
dawn dish soap
green scrubbies
kitchen towel
any spice you use on a regular basis 

Bathroom items:
two sets of towels
hand soap
toiletries
toilet paper

Other items:
Mr. Clean
laundry soap
laundry basket
clothes hangers
backpack
one tub of clothes
alarm clock
bedding
rags for cleaning

I'm sure I'll keep adding to the list. Mostly you want everything in plastic tubs and it to fit snugly in your vehicle. I didn't do a very good job packing to be honest. I brought my bike with me and I didn't know how to pack around it so there was more room in the jeep than it looked like because the bike took up more space than in had to. Lesson learned. And there were things I didn't bring that I wish I had. Like a skillet. I made pancakes this morning in the bottom of a kettle and flipped them with a plastic fork. no. joke. 

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment