Tuesday, March 13, 2012

7th grade

There are people in your life you will never forget. Acts of kindness that make an impact for life. High school was not easy for me (not academically speaking). The first hour of the first day of seventh grade I awkwardly showed up to class 15 min early. There were only a handful of people in the classroom. I remember being so nervous. I was the kid in a plain t-shirt, no make up, baggy pants, unpopular and unknown. Our high school was a blend of 3 smaller elementary schools. Mine being the smallest with only 12 kids joining the 125 total kids in our future graduating class. I only knew one kid from my elementary in the class and I knew I didn't want to sit next to him. In the back there was a girl with short brown hair, camo shorts, reading a book. I remember asking her if I could sit next to her and her saying yeah. I don't think I sat next to her for more than 20 minutes before we had a new seating chart but I will always remember how relieved I felt went I sat down next to her. I had made my first friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment