Saturday, December 26, 2009

Life update :)

Well. What a crazy last two weeks. Between getting engaged, visiting with friends who are home, and celebrating two Christmases; a nice rest is long overdue.

Yes, I am engaged. It’s been quite the adventure. Levi and I sure have had our ups and downs but it’s amazing to see how God has been working in both our lives in the past two months. It has all been very exciting and I’m looking forward to getting married and being married to Levi. Engagement has been quite a change, a change in thinking, in spending, in praying, in priorities. I truly believe God has a lot in store for us and our relationship. But I really need to get planning. July is coming fast! We had our engagement pictures taken last week and they turned out great.

Christmas this year was quite a change. Levi and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with his family then went over to Christmas day with my family. Having Christmas for the first time with someone else’s family is nerve racking. It’s not your own space and it’s hard to make yourself comfortable, and people take bets on how long it will be before you have kids. What? Kids? Noooo thank you. Clare family Christmas was very strange this year. I think there is a lot of transition taking place for us with Andy and I both ‘leaving home.’ Mom was a little too busy this fall and winter I think. We’ll blame it on Andy’s wrestling J but it was good all the same. Maybe next year things will be more together and less busy.

Christmas gift of the year was probably the crock-pot from sister-in-law-to-be, along with a nice cookbook! Otherwise it would be the espresso maker from mother and father. Both very nice gifts! And I now have my very own Harvin jersey to wear to the Vikings games!

As always, it’s important to not forget what this season is about. It seems so easy to get caught up in shopping, wrapping, getting, gifting, and opening. It’s important not to lose sight of Jesus and God in the Holiday cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment