Monday, November 1, 2010

25 days of thanksgiving

Happy November! I decided this month to choose to blog / facebook post / let people know about something I'm thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving. This conscious effort to tell about what I am thankful for will help me 'count my blessings' with a happy heart. Often things and people are taken for granted and overlooked in my busy life. It's easy to grumble and wish things were different.

A thankful heart is a perfect place for joy to grow.

So let's kick off the month.

I'm thankful for my husband. First and foremost I am thankful that he loves the Lord, but I am also thankful for so many other things about him. He works hard to bring home a paycheck so I can finish school and get my degree and after working all day he puts countless hours into house projects. This weekend he spent his whole Saturday morning building me a shelf in the kitchen! And he came home on Friday and sanded all the mud (sheetrock mud, not mud mud) in our entryway before taking me on a wonderful date!



He even looked up the difference of chow mein and lo mein for me so I could figure out which one I liked (the waitress wasn't much help...) He takes time to ask about how my day was and listens to me rant and rave explain all the parts of my very complicated day. 

He helps me stay more focused on important things in life and less on the petty things. I appreciate his encouragement, support, and love. After having a trying day it's nice to be able to go home to him and relax. 

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. today...i'm thankful for little kids that smile and give me hugs and ask me to get them unstuck from playground equipment :)

    ReplyDelete