Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankfulness #16

I'm thankful for downtime. Sometimes life just gets too busy and downtime is rare. Tuesdays are always hectic but I usually get an hour or two to relax, grab a cup of coffee, pick up my Bible or book, and sit by the big window in the library. This is the best part of the day. I turn on my music, pull out lunch, and rest my brain. Sometimes I just sit and look out the window. And that's okay. I have a few minutes to do that. And today I'm thankful to be able to do just that. I'm practicing using descriptive words in my free time today:

She stomped across the snow-covered pathway, determination burning in her eyes. As she marched the snow fell from the trees heavy and wet reflecting her attitude. 

I would like to take a creative writing class sometime. I think it would be fun. Maybe next year when I have time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment